The family is the most important and tightest social unit. It is imperative that loved ones are safe and secure in their physical and financial life. Perhaps your parents or grandparents are retired now and has the chance to live their retirement dreams to their fullest. Sometimes, unfortunately, older people are confined to senior or assisted living facilities in big cities. In either case, security should be your number one concern. The phenomenon of elder abuse is not a new topic and not one that can be solved in full. However, when dealing with issues revolving around the elderly, there is no excuse for not being proactive. At an advanced age, there are commonly concerns with elders being gullible and falling for those claiming to help them through various schemes. No matter what the case, you need an advocate that can solve the problem for you. If you or a loved one in the Los Angeles area is facing elder abuse and need an attorney, make sure that you have the right one on your side. Offenders are often both criminally and civilly liable. So on the one hand, the District or City Attorney would prosecute and seek criminal reparations under the Penal Code, a civil lawyer like Ehline seeks money damages for violations of civil elder law statutes.
If it is you or a loved one, you can depend on the law services of the Ehline Law Firm PC for the experience and knowledge necessary to solve the problem. When you are dealing with civil lawsuits, you want only the best in the business to represent you and your family. Their track record in winning cases and being effective fighters for the elderly is the tool that you should not pass up. If you are looking for someone to make sure that you and your family is protected, go with the experts.
Protecting Against Senior Abuse
Abuse of senior citizens in any way is a shame and a moral crime. If you know or suspect that something untoward is occurring to a vulnerable family member or loved one, make sure that you have the proper Los Angeles-based attorney to deal with the situation. Elder abuse can take shape in many forms– and if you see some of the telltale signs, such as bedsores (decubitus ulcers), draining bank accounts, or neglect you should take action. There are cases of physical, sexual, and emotional abuse every day in California and across the country and it cannot be allowed to continue. Be sure to protect your relatives, especially those above retirement age.
Ehline Law Firm PC is proud to stand on its track record of assisting those in the most need. When there are cases of people above 65 that are preyed upon, you need only the most experienced and aggressive advocates to make sure that there is just compensation and that it will not happen to another family. Solutions may go beyond the courtroom, as our committed staff will make sure that you can exhaust all options to take care of your family– to see if there is money in SSI insurance or other ways to make sure that medical bills and other issues do not spiral out of control.
- Attorney Elder Abuse; recently, there have been cases of dishonest attorneys convincing elders to unknowingly sign over their entire fortunes to them!;
- Physical Assault and Physical Abuse on an Elder like deprivation of food, physical punishments, restraints and other torture;
- Financial Abuse of Elders and Dependants; Examples include illegally or fraudulently taking an elderly individual’s money;
- Mental Abuse; Examples include verbal abuse, or psychologically intimidating an elderly person through fear, confusion or other methods;
- Decubitus Ulcers; A decubitus ulcer is a pressure sore or what is commonly called a bedsore. However, it can range from a very mild pink coloration of the skin, which disappears in a few hours after pressure is relieved on the area, to a very deep wound extending to and sometimes through a bone into internal organs. In long-term care facilities and nursing homes, decubitus ulcers are generally considered preventable and are largely seen as evidence of some form of neglect. In Southern California, our attorney helps the elderly and their families recover damages for such injuries;
- Neglect; Signs of neglect include bedsores, pressure sores, malnutrition, dehydration and other dehydration symptoms & ailments resulting when an elder is not taken care of properly. Good nursing home care never includes malnutrition.
This elder abuse and neglect could include:
- Unexplained bruising on the skin
- Malnutrition or dehydration
- Pressure sores on the skin
- Bone fractures
Victims Are Entitled To Justice
Those that have been preyed upon should have an appropriate recourse to prevent other cases of similar abuse. If there are cases of medical or emotional issues or even an undue death, those responsible must be held to account. That is why a law firm that has experience in every step of the legal process is the most effective means to make sure that you are justly compensated. This goes beyond just the surface. A skilled law firm will be able to handle estate planning, wills, trusts, and other issues of senior finances.
They must also have the skill in probate and trust administration in order to handle money and property in the estate, providing the necessary notices, settling claims by creditors and paying required taxes. The elder care law firm of Ehline Law Firm PC is able to assist with powers of attorney can assist with special needs trusts to protect the inheritance, money or property for a disabled. We are here to do all of our partners proud in our quest for the advancement of the victim’s rights.
If you or someone you love suspects elder abuse, please contact our experienced attorneys at Ehline Law Firm PC for more information we proudly serve Greater LA areas, including Laguna Woods and Inland Empire retirement communities. The call is free, and we do not charge unless we win. First and foremost we make sure that you receive justice. We can review what your options are and guide you on the path out of this nightmare. Please call (888) 400-9721