There’s a reason that Michael Ehline is known as one of the best Los Angeles personal injury attorneys. His goal of finding justice for those that cannot speak for themselves is a personal mission. It comes from his background that built him into a man that many individuals and businesses trust with their futures. Michael’s a third generation Scandinavian-American– his mother Norwegian and father Swedish.
Their values of Lutheran hard work, sacrifice, self-dependence, and honesty shaped the person that Michael grew up to be. His forefathers came to this country to escape overreaching government and have a chance to share in the prosperity of the American Dream. Michael is driven and full of compassion every day. Ehline loves this country, and what it stands for – FREEDOM. Born in the Greater Los Angeles area, he is a native Californian, reared in the post-Vietnam era.
A true product of the 80’s, Ehline knows that nothing is free. Michael was taught this fundamental truth from a young age. His brave father, Paul, was a United States Marine, forward observer. He volunteered to return to Vietnam for a second tour of battle (67, 68, 69 — JJ Carol, Khe Sahn, Gio Linh, Dong Ha, Con Tien, Rock Pyle, DMZ, and all hills) rather than just come home and languish. These lessons were passed down to Michael. When people want something to happen, they have reach down, grab hold, and make it happen. “When you want to win, you appoint a leader, or lead yourself.”
These lessons have animated Michael for the rest of his life. His father instilled in him the values that have made him the advocate for the vulnerable. Even as a young man, he excelled at the art of debate and negotiation. He tested his mettle and joined the US Marines as an infantryman at age 18. His dreams of a glorious military career were tragically cut short when he wounded his knee. After an honorable discharge, Michael put his skills to work in the private sector, learning the art of selling and entrepreneurship. He became number one in sales at L.A. Fitness, started his own construction and limousine businesses, and became a paralegal to understand and combat the crushing government regulations that makes it so hard to conduct business in California.
One of the attorneys he worked for told him about the California State Bar Law Office Study Program. Michael started this path even with no formal college education. With the help of attorney Gary Dordick, CAALA Trial Attorney of the Year, and other conscientious attorneys, Michael was waived into the University of West Los Angeles School of Law.
Michael remained in the Law Office Study Program and became a practicing attorney when he passed the bar exam. His work ethic carried him forward– practicing law in the day and attending UWLA at night. He received his Juris Doctorate right here in LA County. He understands the local issues that confront so many Angelinos. Michael Ehline now fights for the rights of those that have been abused and faced injustice.
Presently, Ehline is a member of, or he supports the following organizations that are dedicated to injury law, or injury prevention:
- Personal Injury Warriors – International association of injury attorneys from English Common Law Jurisdictions.
- Circle of Legal Trust – Organization to lawyers helping lawyers, in order to better help consumers.
- Web O Trust Legal White listing Network – A white listing organization of all types of lawyers from around the world who are engaged in the Circle of Legal Trust Project, and who wish to list their trusted sources and ratings.
- Million Dollar Lawyer’s Award – Certification award that is given my a board of attorneys, and affirmed to be true and accurate, that the firm or attorney has recovered more that $2,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements.
- Million Dollar Superstar’s Award – Award that is presented to the attorney or firm that has recovered at least $10,000,000.00 in verdicts or settlements.
- National Spinal Cord Injury Association.
- Spinal Cord Meeting (SCM) – International organization and meetings of spine doctors and injury lawyers.
- National Drowning Prevention Alliance – “Dedicated to saving lives through drowning prevention and water safety efforts.”
- International Cruise Victims Association (ICV.)
- Brain Injury Association of California.
- North American Brain Injury Society.
- American Judicature Society (AJS.)
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles (CAALA.)
- Consumer Attorneys Of California (CAOC.)
- South Bay Bar Association (SBBA.)
- American Inns of Court.
- Marine Corps. Association (MCA.)
- International Motorcycle Lawyer’s Association (IMLA.)
- International Society of Truck and Lorrie Injury Lawyers (ISTLIL.)
- Bus and Carriage Injury Attorney’s Association (BCIAA.)
- Million Dollar Advocates – An organization for lawyers that reach their first million dollar case.
- BBB Los Angeles
- American Consumer Alliance
Experience in Specific Practice Areas of Michael Ehline
Michael Ehline has defined, focused experience in many different subsets of personal injury law. Some of his experience is listed below as follows:
He fights to get justice for those hurt by corrupt businesses, burdensome government, and the negligent. For him, no bridge is too far and no fight too difficult to get justice for his client. He believes in the battle– being there on the ground as long as he is needed. He is a warrior to the end and wants to fight for you like he has for others in hard positions.
Check out more on this website or call (213) 596-9642 for a free consultation with Michael Ehline, Los Angeles’ most trusted negligence lawyer, based upon a Circle of Legal Trust survey. And remember, he only wins if you get justice.